Programmes Manager test (please do not apply)Job Code: 0587
Deadline: Oct 18, 2021
Location: Turkey, Gaziantep
Provide strategic support in the development of programming, and operational leadership in the implementation of all Bahar programming. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Programme Manager is a key player in organizational strategy development, supports programme development in collaboration with the Head of Programmes, and leads programme implementation that positively impacts communities in line with Bahar’s expectations, standards and commitments.
· An efficient, cost-effective system that meets organisation, donor and host government regulations is in place to meet the needs of Bahar.
· Active membership in the SMT, enabling the Executive Director to lead the organisation efficiently and effectively.
· Provide and promote strong leadership, management oversight, commitment, and accountability within the Department staff.
· Manage the field operations and supervise teams of expatriate and national staff both in field sites and in the head office.
· Participate in initiating project ideas, and the development of project proposals for donor funding in collaboration with the Head of Programme.
· Provide leadership to the preparation of detailed implementation plans for new and ongoing projects.
· Continually monitor the programme’s progress to ensure that systems and staff are working to achieve goals and objectives.
· Participate in the process of identifying new programming directions consistent with Bahar’s strategy.
· Ensure good coordination with the programme team and other departments is maintained.
· Coordinate and plan for staff capacity building for all operations staff.
Management of Field Operations
· Contribute and work with the SMT to maintain coordination and harmonious work environment that will maximize support to all programmes
· Provide leadership and support to field staff to enhance their ability to serve with adherence to Bahar’s mission and core values
· Ensure that the Operations Team collaborates, and closely coordinates, its various planning and implementation activities with the other support functions.
· Support the Executive Director by providing overall programme operational leadership, with emphasis on clarity of roles, performance standards, accountability, and delegation. Facilitate staff to attain high standards of excellence.
· Facilitate growth of the Programme by cultivating good working relationships with donors and other INGOs to ensure that Bahar builds its reputation for integrity, expertise, and reliability.
· Provide effective support to all Bahar Programme sites and staff through regular communication and field visits (where feasible).
· Ensure that programme/project-specific implementation plans are developed and followed.
· Ensure recommended budget revisions are approved by Finance Manager and Executive Director, in consultation with the donor (as necessary).
· Provide direction to correct any identified deviations which might impact adherence to the approved budget.
· Ensure monthly cash flows are developed in a timely manner for each project.
· Ensure fulfilment of project visibility and donor branding requirements.
· Establish and oversee the process of periodical review of implementation plans and other initial design documents to ensure contractual obligations and the spirit of the programme are met.
· Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with implementation and financial standards and policies of both Bahar and the donor.
· Collaborate with Head of Programmes to ensure cross-cutting themes and vertical/horizontal integrations are included in programme design, implementation, and strategic development.
· Oversee the preparation and management of departments budgets and ensure the policies, procedures and practices align with Bahar expectations, requirements, and obligations.
Personnel & Performance Management
· Engage in the identification and recruitment of staff, with appropriate JDs in place.
· Develop the capacity of staff in the Department by working closely with Human Resources Department on staff development through effective coaching, mentoring and performance management processes.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field or a bachelor’s degree and commensurate experience.
Preferred Qualification – one of the following:
- Business Administration.
- Higher diploma/degree in Total Quality Management.
- Quality Concepts Systems.
- Managing work teams.
- Internal auditing.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in Programme Management with at least 2 years at a senior management level.
- English language proficiency (spoken and written): excellent.
- Setting objectives.
- Effective planning.
- MS Office suite proficiency.
- Leadership and dispute resolution.
- Presentation and debate skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations and implementation of strong compliance and control framework.
- Strong experience liaising with governmental/local authorities and NGOs.
- Proven strong budgetary control and financial management skills.
- Excellent staff management and personnel skills.
- Prior experience in complex protracted humanitarian context as well as emergency response contexts.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.