In 2012, recognising the ever - increasing unmet needs of the population still in Syria, a group of medical professionals who had crossed the border to Turkey made a joint commitment to help alleviate the suffering caused by the outbreak of conflict. Out of that concern and initiative, Bahar Organisation was born.
Bahar is a local organization delivering support across northern Syria and in Iraq. Our work is guided by international human rights and humanitarian standards and principles to ensure that international human rights and humanitarian standards are indeed respected, implemented, and enforced at the local level. We value the different backgrounds and beliefs of all people we work with and therefore promote interfaith collaboration. As a civil society actor, Bahar realizes its mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance, and advocacy work.
- To restore and rebuild the lives of crisis-affected people through humanitarian and development assistance aiming to reach resilient communities.
- We work towards enhancing the resilience and wellbeing of communities by providing a principled and rights-based humanitarian response to overcome natural disasters and conflicts.
- Commitment – Our interventions, although developed in the frame of limited resources and dire needs, aim to provide long-term impact by responding to physical, psychological, and socio-cultural needs. We are working around the clock to get more means into the hands of people in need and to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our humanitarian action.
- Impartiality – We respect all people we work with and for, without no discrimination on any basis. Our endeavors to alleviate the suffering of individuals are being guided solely by their needs, and to give priority to the most urgent and vulnerable cases.
- Integrity – We are accountable to the people we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons learnt. We are accountable to and transparent with all stakeholders. We comply with applicable laws and regulations, as well as Bahar’s policies and procedures. Our staff are self-aware, accountable, responsible, truthful, and their actions are consistent.
- Diversity– By embracing differences, we stand together to reduce hardship and achieve prosperity. We celebrate diverse working environments where all individuals can be successful and thrive. We recognize that Bahar’s strength is derived from the commitment, dedication, and expertise of our employees. We listen to and value the views of others.
Years of Experience
Beneficiaries we Reached
Communities we reached